Thursday, April 10, 2008

Visualizing English

This whole concept of print transitioning to internet is really interesting. I didn't realize how I was transitioning over to the computer age. It's automatic, it seems. I love books. I love to read, but I also love the computer. The internet has such a wealth of information. I get sucked into clicking from page to page to page.
When I read what Elbow says about cooking and the whole process that writing takes it seems like he feels like the art of writing and reading is being lost. I would just say it's just being used in another form. All of his comments on writing in this chapter remind me of people that are totally against change. The type of people that will just use a typewriter until they die and never touch the keys of a computer. They won't even use one when that's all there is to use.
I think that the computer only opens up many more avenues for people to experience writing.

No comments: